Tuesday, August 5, 2008

guardian angels from the East II




After a long hustle, I eventually got myself in a nice room, with an attached private bathroom! I checked in to Toyoko Inn in Oimachi Tokyo at about 11pm. It is a cozy hotel just about 5 minutes from Oimachi Station, with complementary breakfast and free internet access provided in the room.

Kind Mr. Ken suggested we have a brief 'supper' after my check-in. Guess it is not nice to declined such a friendly invitation, and in view that I intend to purchase a public phone card and make a call to May in Gifu and Seiji at Nagoya, I agreed with him and it was not long that we were sitting in the MacD nearby the hotel. Back in hometown, MacD is never my favorite, but here, I was delighted to discover that there are many choices of burgers and drinks offered. I took a set of shrimp burger with side salad and ice tea~ the burger and salad gravy were unexpectedly nice and I like them so much (which thereafter has been my favorite meal for days in Nagoya).



What a caring Mr. Ken, upon seated in MacD, he asked me to call up my parents at hometown to inform them of my safe arrival at Tokyo ~ he even offered his international call card and his hand phone. Mr. Ken later told me he is working as a sales manager with the Toshiba company in Tokyo, and has been traveling abroad often on behalf of the company. Though he is now living and working in Tokyo, he was born in Kyushu at the South and has his retired parents living there now. Mr. Ken said he learned his English from overseas since he was young ~ as he was brought up abroad at many foreign countries especially at the America continent, due to his father's occupation with the foreign ministry before.

After showing me around Oimachi Station and ways to purchase a train ticket at the ticketing machine, I greeted appreciation and good night to Mr. Ken and headed for hotel for my good rest.



No comments: