Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Query List for Client


I was shocked to see a new Job Order placed on my desk this afternoon when I first step into my workstation.  It was written 'ATY Standard Sample - Query List for Client'.

Almost hesitated to believe such a new task being assigned when I have left just 2 more days in this office.

For better understanding of the new Task, I asked the Boss for her direction.

The Boss said that the Task is sort of sequel from the Task I have done before (Tender Drawing Checklist).  She explained the need to have a Checklist to identify or clarify items that is subjected to Client's right from the early stage of a Project, instead of the situation in the Office now - having to call up the Client from time to time or whenever query arises from the drafting person while preparing the Tender Drawings.

I understand this problem well because I have experienced personally the trouble of not knowing the brand, type of materials or finishes the Clients preferred when I was preparing Tender Drawings and Materials Schedules.  We have to wait for days to obtained Client's confirmation, which is kind of causing delay in completing the Tender Drawings production.

There were cases where Client does not have provision for external floor tiling, skirting, kitchen wall tiling etc. yet the drafting person assumed such works as a standard practice and had since prepared the drawings with.  These items were then omitted from the drawings after having been issued for Client's perusal, which means, effort and time has been wasted while it could be avoided in the beginning of drawings production.

In fact when I was first told to reduce the floor areas for the proposed Alamesra Bungalow, which inevitably resulted in omission of the total room number, I doubted the necessity in doing so - why is not the budget allocation been identified before building plan is drawn?  Is it because such consideration was overlook at the first place, and not that a bigger house could be charged at higher consultation fees.

No comments: